Saturday 18 June 2011

I'm just always going to love you, you're always going to be in my heart

















I went to the Rodin museum a couple of weeks ago. I'd been meaning to go back since I moved here but wanted to wait for a lovely sunny day. The gardens are so beautiful it would be a shame not to enjoy them. As wonderful a sculptor as Rodin was one of the things that struck me the most was the story of his mistress,

Camille Claudel. She was his student and then his mistress and she loved him so much and he rejected her. In the end she was confined to a mad house and went insane. But her work is also displayed and to be honest I sort of prefered it. It was more romantic, more fluid. There's this sadness to it, this quiet desperation that comes through. I think to show emotion through stone is no mean feat. If you ever come over this way you really should go check out the museum. It's beautiful and romantic (and free if you're from the EU and under 26!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends