Friday 9 December 2011

Maharaja Karl






















sourced at style.com
I've been meaning to post about this for a few days but what with Maxy losing a finger and the cat taking flight I just haven't gotten there yet. This sort of show reminds me why I want to do events and makes me feel passionate again. The set and the shape of the runway is a dream, it allows the audience to interact perfectly, to participate. I love the sort of show that has been so brilliantly planned that it does exactly what it's meant to do. Allows you to see the clothes and be apart of the magic that created them. And the clothes. The Clothes! The colours and the textures and those bloody headpieces which need to get in to my wardrobe and on to my head RIGHT NOW. Hands down fave model in this is Daphne Groeneveld. I have no idea how she manages to look butter wouldn't melt innocent and take me now sexy all at the same time but it's something I need to work on. One thing I feel I do need to disagree with was M. Lagerfields comment, "It's much more inspiring not to go to places than to go," Not sure how I feel about that pearl of wisdom? Although if this presentation is anything to go by maybe he has a point? After all, he evoked the last days of the Raj perfectly...even if they did still chuck in some tweed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends