Monday 25 February 2013

From the Burbs



Oh GAD this show was beautiful. I know I am coming to all this a little late, I spent a lot of last week working and pretty much the whole weekend drinking and neither of those past times makes for good blogging so I have a list about a mile long of posts that I want to do and need to catch up on. Burberry this season was the show that made me fall in love, and not just because of all of those adorable heart prints that Christopher Bailey had everywhere. The caramel and wine tones, like the perfect girls night in, the high waisted pencil skirts and kitten heels and the exact right amount of animal print, everything made me feel excited in the way that only a really well structured collection can. I actually had shivers at the end when Tom Odell played out the finale. Burberry has, under the direction of Bailey, turned itself around in just a few short years. It's a heritage brand that could have quite easily drowned in the unstoppable flow of cheap knock offs surrounding it. Instead it has held on to itself whilst pushing the brand identity forward and now is one of the most exciting, and lucrative, British brands around.

Bravo Bailey, Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends