Monday 5 March 2012

With Grace










sourced at style.com
I don't like Jil Sander. There, I've said it. Gasp, weep, beat your chest, whatever, I just don't like the label. Ever since I was aware I haven't liked it. I think the shapes are ugly and the styling is ugly and it makes you look ugly. The clothes always seemed to be trying to cover you up (and we all know how much I like flashing the flesh like a Texan brothel worker). So just not my thing. Until this season. All has changed! Well, my fickle opinion has at least been manipulated for the next 6 months until s/s/13 comes out. This was BEAUTFUL! The last collection that's going to come from Raf Simons as he has now bowed out of the company and what a way to go. The cuts and the perfection of the colours. Even when it's a soft nude or skin pink it is exactly the colour that it should be. There's no half way house or 'almost there' about the palette. It slips away. It holds and releases the body like the perfect lover. I feel like it's Grace Kelly but slicked into 2012. Maaaaaah. I don't always get excited about everything. Last season it was Ralph Lauren s/s/12 that had me giddy and weak at the knees (his a/w12 Downton Abbey inspired collection was also a winner but not quite so much), this season, to your shock and mine, it's Jil Sander. Who'd have thunk it eh?! Who says that a/w collections have to be dark? Who says we can't carry pastels and drop waists through the year? Who says that cute prom dresses can't be made from shiny silver and still look increds. It's collections like this that make me EXCITED. Raf, thank you for introducing me to something I never knew I couldn't be without before it was too late x

1 comment:

  1. 'Even when it's a soft nude or skin pink it is exactly the colour that it should be. There's no half way house or 'almost there' about the palette. It slips away. It holds and releases the body like the perfect lover.' - my god you need to be a fashion journalist!

    ReplyDelete

Friends